Possibility of using the Phishing-Skimming service in order to insure yourself against bank card fraud.
- Insurance amount Up to 1000 AZN
- Exemption amount 10%, but a minimum of 50 AZN
- Collateral/guarantee area The whole world
- Skimming means that criminals read the information on the magnetic tape of the card entered into the payment terminal through an illegal card reader (skimmer) and making illegal withdrawals or payments.
- The significant and main collateral risks: Phishing attacks, the amount of money lost as a result of skimming, smishing and vishing incidents.
- Insurance amount:
500 AZN per for each accident when the limit of Birbank installment card is up to 5,000 AZN
750 AZN per event if the limit of Birbank installment card is in the range of 5,000-10,000 AZN
1000 AZN per event (max) if the limit of Birbank installment card is in the range of 10,000-15,000 AZN
- Exemption amount: 10%, but minimum 50 AZN
- Collateral area: The whole world
- Insurance fee: 0.35% of the credit card limit
Phishing is the theft of card users' personal information by a hacker directing cardholders to fake sites or other resources in various ways (by e-mail or message). Skimming means that criminals read the information on the magnetic tape of the card entered into the payment terminal through an illegal card reader (skimmer) and making illegal withdrawals or payments. The Phishing-skimming service offered by Kapital Bank allows you to insure the risks of the lost amount as a result of phishing attacks and skimming. The validity period of the service, which can be used by BirKart Red, BirKart Black, BirKart Umico, BirKart Miles installment card holders, comes into force after using the card for the first time and is considered valid until the end of the credit line agreement.. The maximum insurance amount is determined as 1000 AZN. The insurance payment can be made maximum for two incidents on each card. In order to create a secure shopping environment on the internet, the Bank connects plastic cards to the “3D Secure” service. If the connected service is deactivated due to the demand of the customer, the Bank will not insure the damage suffered by the cardholder as a result of fraudulent transactions with the card payment on the internet. Financial losses as a result of physical theft or loss of a payment card are not insured.