Possibility of using the Phishing-Skimming service in order to insure yourself against bank card fraud.
- Insurance amount 500 on the incident
- Exemption amount 10%, but a minimum of 50 AZN
- Collateral/guarantee area The whole world
- Skimming means that criminals read the information on the magnetic tape of the card entered into the payment terminal through an illegal card reader (skimmer) and making illegal withdrawals or payments.
- The significant and main collateral risks: The amount lost in consequence of phishing attacks and skimming.
- Insurance amount: 500 per accident.
- Exemption amount: 10%, but minimum 50 AZN
- Collateral area: The whole world
- Insurance fee: 0.3% of the credit card limit (service fee is charged automatically during the first use of the card).
Phishing is the theft of card users' personal information by a hacker directing cardholders to fake sites or other resources in various ways (by e-mail or message). Skimming means that criminals read the information on the magnetic tape of the card entered into the payment terminal through an illegal card reader (skimmer) and making illegal withdrawals or payments. The Phishing-skimming service offered by Kapital Bank allows you to insure the risks of the lost amount as a result of phishing attacks and skimming. The validity period of the service, which can be used by BirKart Red, Birkart Black, BirKart Umico, BirKart Miles installment card holders, comes into force after using the card and is valid for 1 year. The insurance amount was determined as AZN 500. The insurance payment can be made maximum for two incidents on each card. In order to reduce the operational risk that may occur during transactions with bank cards, to minimize potential losses in case of card loss and to ensure the security of cash on the card, Kapital Bank applies basic limits on the use of payment cards. Financial losses that may occur as a result of fraudulent transactions within the base limits are insured by the Bank. In order to create a secure shopping environment on the Internet, the Bank connects plastic cards to the “3D Secure” service. If the connected service is deactivated due to the demand of the customer, the Bank will not insure the damage suffered by the cardholder as a result of fraudulent transactions with the card payment on the Internet. Financial losses in consequence of physical theft or loss of a payment card are not insured.